Diocese of Charleston participating in First Steps
- Catholic schools in South Carolina will be participating in the First Steps 4K program this fall.
- First Steps provides funds to Medicaid-eligible children to attend 4K programs at private schools.
- 4K students who could not afford a private school can attend a Catholic institution to receive a quality education.
To qualify during the 2022-23 school year, a child must:
- be 4 years old on or before Sept. 1, 2022;
- be eligible for Medicaid, free- or reduced-price lunch program, SNAP/TANF recipient OR be experiencing homelessness, transiency, or in foster care;
- be a South Carolina Resident.