This is our last post here in the blog! It’s been fun launching this new website with play-by-play updates of how we are adding new content and sections here on the website. However, we are now in Month 6 of the website, and our updates are different. We make small content updates within sections, but they aren’t relevant for a wider audience. Most of the updates that we make are technical upgrades to the website, and really, nobody cares about that. 😂
April Off to a Strong Start–NO JOKE!
Thank you to all of you who joined us for our final workshop on how to update the website!
- Helena Moniz, Office of Continuing Education for Priests
- Jim Grove, Campus Ministry
- Andrea Whipple, Office of Child and Youth Protection
- Jackie Calle, Tribunal
- Missie Walker, Office of Ecumenical and Interreligious Affairs
You know you are busy when…
It’s been very exciting here behind the website. Here are some updates from the last couple of weeks.
Website Training Session
We were thrilled to train a whole new group of diocesan leaders attend our recent workshop on how to manage their sections here on the website. Welcome to our new class!
- Valerie Gore of the Office of Vocations
- Anne Clark of the Office of Multimedia
- Elizabeth Isch, Matt Campbell, Cloyd Gaffney, and Shelby Vincent from the Office of Human Resources
- Kathleen Merritt from the Office of Ethnic Ministries
- Lawrence Roberts from the Office of Priest Personnel
- Kim Hopkins and Dr. John Reyes from the Catholic Schools Office
- Christy Brown and Kathy Schmugge from the Office of Family Life
Office of Stewardship and Mission Advancement:
The Spirituality of Stewardship- New section! Check it out! Good work Amanda Kepshire!
Procedure to Donate Stock and Mutual Funds- Major Updates! Look for a new Printable PDF available for donors!
There is always new employment opportunities! Make sure to say hi to any new faces around!
Happy Lent! School Updates
Happy Ash Wednesday everyone! We pray that you have a blessed Lenten season! Don’t miss Pope Francis’s new message on Lenten holiness! I can be found below on Bishop Robert E. Guglielmone’s page!
We are excited about the new ordering of the Catholic school section based on deaneries, and no longer by region.
March 2019: A New Month, Many updates!
It’s been a very busy official “first week” with our new website. Here’s some new activity on our website.
New Forms for the Office of the Bishop: If you would like to invite Bishop to be present at one of your events, please complete this new form for Joan Smith.
Catholic Schools Office: We are working on updates for the Catholic School section! We have new maps and school information coming soon!
Diocesan Missionary Team (DMT): We are every excited to be receiving submissions for the missionary team! Thank you Jessica!
Job Postings: We are happy that parishes and organizations are using our job board! Check out all a new employment opportunity in the diocese.
The New Diocese of Charleston Website is a GO!!
🎉Welcome to the new Diocese of Charleston website!🎉
We are all very excited that we are able to show the world what we’ve been working on for months.
We want to thank you for your patience on Monday, February 25, 2019, for the first 24 hours of our launch. Launching a new website can be tricky, so thank you for sending emails yesterday about what was working, and what was not. As of this afternoon, all of those errors have been fixed!
If you find anything that doesn’t look right, or a section that needs new information, don’t hesitate to bring it to our attention here:
An Awesome Day of Website Updates!
- Special thanks to Jessica Jenkins in Youth Ministry. Together, we worked on a new online form for applicants to the Diocesan Missionary Team (DMT). Look for it soon!
- Thank you to Helena with Continuing Education for Priests. Great events (with updated info) coming your way this spring!
- Thank you Cloyd Gaffney over in HR… we’re excited that new job postings will be sent to your inbox for approval.
9 Hours of Website Updates
Special thanks to everyone who helped us today!
Sister Kathy and Cathy Roche: Check out the new Buzz Reports! They are Buzzin’ around the world! 🐝
Brian Fahey and Melissa Mabry: The Office of Archives & Records Management is now on the Map!! Go and visit them! 🗺
Mary Corder: Go read the bios or watch a short video on our awesome Diocesan Missionary Team (DMT)! Become inspired by how they are helping the community! 🙋♂️🙋♀️
Betsy Isch: We updated some tweaks to the job section. Be on the look out for some new faces in Charleston!
Teaser: The Office of MultiMedia is building a password protected area where you can download a bunch of diocesan goodies. 🍩🍪
Employment Opportunity: Associate Director of Young Adult Ministry
We are seeking a dynamic, highly self-motivated leader to support and expand Catholic young adult ministry in the Diocese of Charleston. Will network and collaborate with parishes and other diocesan departments to inspire and create expansion. Develop, plan, and execute diocesan events such as retreats, leadership training, workshops, etc. Develop, plan, and execute mission trips and pilgrimages, both locally and overseas and organize fundraising. Speak at training and formation events. Create and oversee budget. Evangelize and build awareness of Catholic young adult ministry through social media.
Updates to Bishop’s Annual Appeal, Emergency Assistance Fund
Good afternoon everyone! We have updated the BAA section of our website with 2019 information for the Emergency Assistance Fund. You can now download the 2019 Application and 2019 Guidelines.
Happy Feast Day, St. John Bosco!
Little things make a big difference! We recently fixed our diocesan logo here on the website for mobile devices (tablets and phones.) And for anyone with a retina screen, the logo looks even better!
Special Shout Out!
We hosted a training session on how to update the Diocese of Charleston website. We were thrilled with the outcome! Check out all who attended!
- Kelsey Shooter
- Terri Brisson
- Joyce Kiernan
- Cristene Diesso
- Cathy Roche
- Mary Corder
- Sister Kathy Adamski
- Stephanie McLellan
- Lydia Doyle
- Jamie Zbyrowski
- Amanda Kepshire
- Gustavo Valdez
Announcing the SEARCH Retreat
New Updates to Youth and Young Adult Ministries
We have updated both the Youth and Young Adult ministries page! Details below…
1) Catholic Youth, Stand Up for Life – Youth Ministers, now you can order T-shirts for your group.
2) High School Young Men’s Retreat – Updated brochure under “Download Event Flier, Event Information”
3) Youth Ministry Listings – Joan LaBone’s e-mail has been updated! We love you Joan!
4) Resources – We also added the revised parent permission form.
6) Young Adult Spring Retreat – We added additional information to the event and added the link for more information. (We love you Lexie!)
Archives Can be New Too 😂
New Updates for Finance, Office of Formation for Ministry
Finance – Check out the most recent Stock Procedures form.
Office of Formation for Ministry– Pastoral Formation is now Office of Formation for Ministry!!
Event Details for the January 2019 Young Men’s Retreat
Attention Youth Ministers! We have a new downloadable flier and information. This is an excellent event for the guys in your youth group!
Merry Christmas from the Office of Ethnic Ministries!
Check out the new page for Ethnic Ministries! There are some yummy looking recipes to try out! Now you can download and print recipes from our diocese’s most distinguished chefs. 👩🍳 Including Bishop’s seafood linguini. 🍤
Updated Finance Documents
We have many new and updated documents in the Resources section of our Finance department. https://charlestondiocese.org/finance/resources/. Wow…that’s a lot of downloads! We’re looking into ways of making that page less overwhelming, but until then, we are happy that everything is fresh!
What isn’t new?
We have updated dozens of pages this week! Here’s a list of all that we can remember: 😂
Catholic Schools Office: Updated addresses for our lovely schools in the Coastal Region. Thank you Kim for the details!
Office of Youth Ministry:
- Sweet new video for the SCDYC coming up in March!
- For the Youth Ministry Listings, we updated all of the contacts to make it easier for visitors to know the names and email addresses of Directors of Youth Ministry.
- Updated event images to show colorful photos for the upcoming events!
- Thank you Mary Corder for the information! 👏
Office of Young Adult Ministry: Updated the contact list for the “Find My Young Adult Ministry” page with better links to email addresses. Tell all the young adults you know that the Catholic Church is alive!
Diaconate Office: Completed many minor updates for the deacons. Thank you Cristene!
Office of Pastoral Formation: Sr. Kathleen and Cathy keep us busy. This office always has something new going on! Take a look.
Catechesis and Christian Initiation: Updated the Curriculum Standards. For all you Catechetical Directors here in South Carolina, pour some coffee ☕️ and give it a read! Thank you Michael!
Bishop: We almost forgot! We freshened up the decree section as well!