The Office of Youth and Young Adult Ministry exists to draw young people to responsible participation in the life, mission, and work of the Catholic Church. This is done by calling young people to live as disciples of Jesus Christ in our world today.
The Office of Youth and Young Adult Ministry exists to provide spiritual and professional formation for those who minister to the young church.
- Promote a comprehensive approach to youth and young adult ministry as articulated in the United States Bishop document “Renewing the Vision, A Framework for Catholic Youth Ministry”.
- Advocate for the role and needs of young people in the church and in society and promote the role of the Church and the Gospel in the lives of young people.
- Provide professional and spiritual formation for youth leaders.
- Provide direct service to youth of our diocese. (Evangelization and Discipleship)
- Provide education, resources, and guidelines for “best practices in youth ministry” for parishes, pastors, and youth ministers.