The Chief Operating Officer (COO) for the Diocese of Charleston reports directly to the bishop. This executive position is responsible for all Pastoral Center activity, assisting diocesan offices in working cooperatively to accomplish strategic priorities as a diocese, and overseeing the day-to-day administration and staff in cooperation with the vicars general.
The current COO is Michael F. Acquilano, who retains his role as secretary of Communications and Public Affairs and director of the South Carolina Catholic Conference.
The Offices of the Bishop, Vicars General and Chief Operating Officer share administrative functions to best serve the offices of the Pastoral Center and its relationship to priests, parishes and schools.
For any correspondence with the bishop or vicars, please use their email addresses:
- Most Rev. Jacques Fabre-Jeune, CS: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rev. Msgr. D. Anthony Droze, Vicar General: email@example.com
- Very Rev. Gregory B. Wilson, Vicar General: firstname.lastname@example.org
Joan Smith manages Bishop Fabre’s day-to-day secretarial needs: email@example.com or 843-225-7349.
Cynde Stacey manages event requests for the bishop, vicars general and the COO: firstname.lastname@example.org or 843-225-7403.
When contacting the vicars general, please keep in mind:
- Msgr. Droze will specifically address the needs of our priests, parishes and schools; please contact him for external requests.
- Father Wilson will specifically address the needs of our Pastoral Center offices and staff; please contact him for internal requests.