Advent marks the beginning of the liturgical year. While it expresses the deep longing of all humanity for God, it celebrates the three-fold coming of the Lord: remembering the events that surrounded the Lord’s coming long ago, celebrating his coming among us today, and looking forward to his final coming in glory.
Advent is a season of devout and joyful expectation. Its four Sundays (with its actual length determined by the weekday of Christmas) highlight our desire and longing for peace, justice and unity.
Calendar / Calendario
Download our poster featuring daily activities and prayers:
- Calendario de Adviento con Acción
- Calendario de Adviento de la Conferencia de Obispos Católicos de EE. UU.
- Learn about Advent
- Advent activities for all
- Sign up for Advent A-Z: 26 days of Advent with the alphabet, emailed to you
- About Advent wreaths and wreath blessing
- El Adviento, preparación para la Navidad
- 24 ideas de actividades para Adviento
- Colorear para niños: calendario diario con huellas | corona de Adviento