Website Catholic Charities
Catholic Charities of South Carolina (CCSC) was founded in 1945 to provide care and support for South Carolinians in need. Through its food pantries, clothing closets, disaster and emergency assistance, immigration legal services, prison ministry, and shower and laundry services, CCSC currently serves over 35,000 people a year across the state.
- Expand upon, solidify, and create specific action steps for the mental health awareness and education strategic plan started by the existing mental health advisory council.
- Collaborate with CCSC site administrators, field officers, and/or parish and school administrators to conduct a thorough mental health needs assessment.
- Develop and implement an educational campaign to raise mental health awareness in our parishes and schools and improve their ability to recognize the unmet needs and barriers to access within their communities.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with our parishes and schools to help them assist with programs to raise awareness and educate mental health needs within their community and to support them in the process of culture change.
- Develop, implement, and manage a comprehensive education program that incorporates Catholic Social Teaching into a holistic community/client-centered service to address the immediate and long-term mental health needs for parishioners within the Catholic Diocese of Charleston.
- Develop and manage the program budget.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with community organizations, state agencies, and service providers.
- Partner with other diocesan offices and the Mental Health Advisory Committee to ensure the work is done collaboratively and holistically.
- The job will require travel around the state of South Carolina and will include meetings on nights and weekends.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred. Program will need to be accessible to English and Spanish speakers.
- Master’s Degree in social work or psychology or clinical experience as a counselor or therapist
- A minimum of 10 years of experience managing programs.
- Must be self-motivated and highly organized with excellent communication skills.
- Must be proficient with technology, including but not limited to Microsoft Office applications.
- A practicing Catholic in good standing.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com