Roman Catholic Diocese of Charleston
We are looking for a detail-oriented senior accountant to perform and coordinate accounting duties within our organization. The senior accountant’s responsibilities include preparing financial reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, preparing tax returns, assisting with audit preparations, and performing other accounting duties as assigned.
To be successful as a senior accountant, you should have a solid working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and strong financial analysis skills. An outstanding senior accountant should also possess strong Excel skills, be detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to work with little to no supervision and perform under pressure.
- Coordinating accounting functions and programs.
- Preparing financial analyses and reports.
- Preparing revenue projections and forecasting expenditure.
- Assisting with preparing and monitoring budgets.
- Maintaining and reconciling balance sheets and general ledger accounts.
- Assisting with annual audit preparations.
- Investigating and resolving audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance.
- Contributing to developing new or amended accounting systems, programs, and procedures.
- Performing other accounting duties and supporting junior staff as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is required.
- Previous accounting experience.
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational and stress management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision.
Instructions to Apply:
Excellent benefits with generous paid time off and the ability to work remotely. For consideration, please send a resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com