Diocese of Charleston
The Diocese of Charleston seeks a vibrant Catholic campus minister to partake in building God’s Kingdom at Coastal Carolina University.
Coastal Carolina University is a dynamic public institution located in Conway, just minutes from the resort area of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. The campus ministry at Coastal Carolina University exists to bring college students into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, connect and engage them with the life and mission of His Church, and send them out as missionary disciples for the continuation of His Kingdom.
The Catholic campus minister interacts with the campus Chaplain, university students, FOCUS missionaries, university faculty and staff to: grow in their knowledge of the faith, develop a passion for the spread of the Gospel, participate in social service projects, engage with one another in a hospitable campus ministry setting, and be a Catholic presence on the campus. These functions grow out of the USCCB guiding document for campus ministry, Empowered by the Spirit.
· Practicing Catholic in good standing with pastoral experience, deep spirituality, and zeal for evangelization
· Bachelor’s degree in Ministry, Pastoral Care, Theology, Catechesis or related field
· Ability to develop, in conjunction with the Chaplain, a vision and plan for ministry and ongoing outreach
· Ability to train and empower students to lead campus ministry programming
· Ability to lead campus events, gatherings, and be available outside of normal working hours
· Ability to coordinate retreats, service trips, pilgrimages, social gatherings in line with overall campus ministry vision
· Work with the chaplain in developing and overseeing all liturgical ministries functions
· Work in overseeing FOCUS missionaries and student leadership team
· Facility management and budgeting experience preferred
· Excellent communication and organizational skills
· Proficient with social media, email, and Microsoft Office
· Be a visible presence on campus and build relationships with students, faculty, alumni, and the community
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org