Bishop’s Pilgrimage for Youth and Families
June 15, 2019 - June 24, 2019
About the Pilgrimage
Please make plans to join your friends and family from the Diocese of Charleston on what is likely to be an amazing experience, as we visit the Eternal City of Rome to celebrate the 200th Anniversary of our Diocese!
We will explore Rome, Assisi and Florence and all of their jewels! We will have Mass in amazing locations. This trip will balance touring time and some free time. We will take part in the Papal Audience, visit the Vatican Museums, see the popular sites of the Coliseum, Trevi Fountain plus so much more.
Saturday, June 15 – South Carolina
- Departures from Charleston, Greenville & Columbia SC.
- Connect in Atlanta
DAY 1: Sunday, June 16 – ROME
- AM arrival, visit St. Paul Outside the Wall Basilica, St. John.
- Welcome dinner.
- Stroll to St. Peters Square.
DAY 2: Monday, June 17—ROME
- Visit Santa Maria Maggiore. We will then celebrate Mass at St. Clements Basilica.
- Visit to the Coliseum, Forum and other ancient Rome sites.
DAY 3: Tuesday, June 18 – ROME
- Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel and a tour of St. Peter’s. Free time.
DAY 4: Wednesday, June 19 – ROME
- Papal Audience. Apian Way, catacombs.
DAY 5: Thursday, June 20 – ASSISI
- Assisi. Visit Saint Mary of the Angels.
DAY 6: Friday, June 21 – ASSISI
- Tomb of St. Francis.
- Guided tour of Assisi. St. Clare’s and St. Damiano.
- Free afternoon.
DAY 7: Saturday, June 22 – SIENA/FLORENCE
- Siena. St. Catherines Basilica and a guided tour of Siena.
- Arrive Florence late afternoon.
DAY 8: Sunday, June 23 – FLORENCE
- Santa Croce with a guided tour of the Basilica and Florence.
- Late afternoon departure to Rome.
- Farewell Dinner.
DAY 9: Monday, June 24
- Flight back to the USA.