The Eucharist is Christ’s self-gift to each and every one of us. Here’s your opportunity to share YOUR story!
Submit a video discussing the topic of THE GIFT OF THE EUCHARIST.
When brainstorming and preparing your video, consider these or similar questions:
- How has the Eucharist impacted and shaped your life?
- What does the encounter with the real presence of Christ in the Eucharist mean to you?
- When an dhow were you convinced that Christ is really present in the Eucharist?
- What do you want everyone to know about the Eucharist?
- Are there any stories of your encounter with Christ in the Eucharist that you would like to share?
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING AND HEARING WHAT CHRIST IS DOING IN YOUR LIFE THROUGH THE GIFT OF THE EUCHARIST!
Winners will receive a $500 prize and enjoy a dinner with the Most Rev. Jacque Fabre-Jeune, CS, Bishop of Charleston. Winning videos will be featured on the diocesan website and social media. Other entries may also be shared through the same means in part on in whole.
Winning videos will be chosen with the Four Pillars of the Eucharist Revival in mind:
- Personal Encounter
- Reinvigorating Devotion
- Deepening Formation
- Missionary Sending
General Rules & Guidelines
- Videos should be no longer than 3 minutes (preferably 1-2 minutes).
- Both individual and group submissions are accepted.
- Submissions will be accepted in English and Spanish. Videos in other languages are welcome as well.
- Winners will be chosen in Adult (over 18) , Youth (12-18), and Children (under 12) categories.
- All submissions featuring individuals under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a signed parental/guardian consent form for each individual under 18 featured in the video. Download the form here.
- The deadline for submitting videos (and accompanying documentation) has been extended to December 31, 2023. Submit here.
- Note that upon submission, all videos become the property of the Diocese of Charleston for use in part or in its entirety.
- Winners will be notified by January 31, 2024.
- Each submission should be in a file folder containing the following:
- Your video in any standard video format.
- An explanatory document that helps us identify the individuals in the video and gives us any other relevant information that we might need.
- Your signed .pdf entry form. Download the form here.
- Additional photo releases for each individual under 18 featured in the video. Download the form here.