The Office of Publications provides the Diocese of Charleston’s departments with produced and edited promotional-style videos. To request such please fill out this form in its entirety, as applicable, before submitting. If you have questions or would like to discuss specifics of your project request, please contact our video producer:
Filmmaking Best Practices
Shorter is better. We advise a video to be in the 1- to 3-minute range. If you don’t think your story can be told in that range of time, consider a short series or reconsider using video.
Show, don’t tell, or be visual with a narrative. Film is a visual medium, so your message needs to translate visually. Ask yourself, why should my audience watch this story instead of reading it? What is it about this project that can only be communicated through video?
Things to Know in Advance
- The Office of Publications only creates edited, promo-style videos. Please contact IT for live-streaming requests. For webinars and online conferences, consider gotomeeting.com or some other service.
- The timeline for the complete production of a video is a minimum of eight weeks.
- If you only require editing or filming (not both), we will need a minimum notice of
four weeks before the event or due date.
- Our expertise is video storytelling and documentation so please include us early in the
brainstorming phase to make sure all bases are being covered.
- If we cannot handle a project due to timeline issues, we can give project input and
- To allow ample time for filming, editing and revisions, videography requests need to
be received as early as possible. Please note that editing can take several weeks or more depending on the complexity of the project. It may not be possible to accommodate last-minute requests.
Assignments will be made on a case-by-case basis, depending on usage and need.