What is it?
Marriage for Life is a workshop that was developed to help your marriage be as God designed it and what we all hope for: joy-filled and life-long. This program has served engaged and married couples for the Diocese of Charleston since 2004.
- To be happy in your marriage.
- To help make your relationship unshakeable when trials come.
- To ask God to bless your marriage, not just for the wedding day, but every day of your life together.
- To hear from other married couples — how they nurture their love so it keeps growing year after year.
- To be united in decisions for you and your family.
- To avoid mistakes other couples have made.
- To know what it takes to have a great marriage that will last a lifetime.
Marriage for Life fulfills these desires and more.
Why two days?
Marriage for Life is a time to be together and experience meaningful conversation between the two of you that will prepare you for a great marriage. It’s a time we hope you will cherish.
Marriage preparation is not just another item to check off the “to-do” list, but an investment for a lifetime of happiness. We want to equip you with a solid foundation on which to build, which means we have much to share. By having a one- or two-week break between the two Saturdays, you have time to digest what was presented and discussed, and time to ponder and plan which things you may want to implement into your relationship. After the break, you are refreshed and ready for another full day of being attentive to each other and talking about things that may prove vital in your marriage.
When and where?
Marriage for Life is offered 4 times per year, once each season:
- Summer and Winter workshops are at St. Mary Help of Christians in Aiken, led by Deacon Bob and Donna Pierce, email@example.com, 803-474-6011.
- Spring and Fall workshops are at St. Anthony in Florence, led by Deacon Regi and Hsin Yi Armstrong, firstname.lastname@example.org, 843-317-1934.
- The registration fee is $100 and includes materials and breakfast and lunch for both days. Scholarships are available.