Website Diocese of Charleston Pastoral Center
This position is to act as Case Analyst for Hispanic Desk. With training, the Hispanic Desk Case Analyst is expected to assist in the instruction of all types of requests for decrees of nullity with minimal supervision and to independently instruct lack of form and ligamen petitions, with minimal supervision. In addition, the case analyst is to provide office support as directed by the Judicial Vicar or Director of the Tribunal. This position is primarily, but not solely, devoted to Hispanic cases.
- Translate Spanish testimonies and documents in Hispanic cases, and interpret as necessary.
- Conduct all interviews in Spanish.
- Carry out the instruction of Hispanic cases of all types, as well as those of English speaking petitioners, as directed by the Director of the Tribunal.
- Manage activity of current active cases, insuring all cases are proceeding correctly in the process and in an expeditious manner through the use of a task calendar.
- Answer phone inquiries in Spanish and English.
- Act as Ecclesiastical Notary for Tribunal cases, authenticating decrees, etc.
- Prepare cases for the Tribunal Court Expert; gather more evidence if needed and coordinate with outside entities to gather information and documentation.
- Log new cases in Excel and into the Case Master Tribunal software.
- Create Tribunal forms in English and Spanish as necessary in Case Master.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Must have strong verbal and written proficiency.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English is required.
- Be able to type 45 wmp with excellent grammar, spelling, and composition.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Previous experience with Excel, Case Master, and Microsoft Office software is a plus.
- Must be in full communion with the Catholic Church.
Instructions to Apply
Excellent benefits with generous paid time off. For consideration, please send a resume and cover letter with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com