Diocese of Charleston
Our mission is to advance and encourage the spirituality of Stewardship through personal invitation, opportunities, formation, and practical initiatives. We are committed to advancing the mission and ministries of the Catholic Church by forming Disciples of Christ throughout the state of South Carolina and cultivating a culture of gratitude.
The Senior Director of Stewardship & Mission Advancement of the Diocese of Charleston/Executive Director of the Catholic Community Foundation of South Carolina oversees the stewardship department of the Diocese of Charleston and the Catholic Community Foundation of South Carolina (CCF) and the day-to-day operations of CCF.
This role is responsible for the oversight of all fundraising initiatives in the Diocese of Charleston and the Catholic Community Foundation of South Carolina. In addition, the incumbent will direct the administrative work of both groups as mentioned above.
- Coordinates daily focused operations of the CCF and the Stewardship Department of the Diocese.
- Oversees and consults on all fundraising initiatives and gift processing in the Diocese and CCF.
- Develop donor communication strategies and follow-up processes.
- Serve as a liaison between the Diocese, CCF, key donors, and other stakeholders.
- Coordinates endowments with the Office of Finance.
- Develop and manage a donor database for tracking and managing endowments.
- Oversees the management of the Catholic Annual Appeal of South Carolina and planned giving programs in the Diocese, parishes, schools, and other stakeholders.
- Assists with the development of campaign funding plans for parishes, schools, and affiliated organizations that are initiating capital campaigns.
- Organize, motivate, and mentor team members to strategically grow the Diocese’s and CCF’s fundraising activities.
- Oversees and evaluates all CCF staff, Development Directors, and employees in the Stewardship Department.
Qualifications: A Master’s degree in a related field or Juris Doctorate is required. A minimum of 10 years of related and relevant experience in strategic planning, budgeting, and personnel management. Knowledge of estate planning and planned giving strategies and demonstrated success with major gift solicitations, stewardship and planned giving programs is strongly preferred. General knowledge of running all aspects of an operation or business. Strong business acumen and a history of providing visionary leadership at the executive level. Knowledge of investment management. Experience working in the philanthropic markets (South Carolina preferred). Excellent written, oral and public speaking skills and experience building and maintaining positive relationships with internal and external constituencies is required. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively. Excellent organizational and time management skills. Effective use of computer and other technology, with practical familiarity of various donor database software solutions. Evidence of on-going education relating to non-profit development efforts is desired. A practicing Catholic in good standing with an excellent understanding of Church teaching and Church structure with a dedicated commitment and strong, faith-based stewardship approach to the raising of funds. Must be able to complete the Diocesan Safe Environment Training and a satisfactory background check.
Please email a resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com