Website Catholic Charities
Responsible for working with the Program Specialist to manage the activities of the Restorative Justice Program including conducting RENEW and Esther’s Journey classes and managing Redemption Days. Provides direct assistance to clients leaving prison. Assists in serving clients through the Next Level Services Program. Advocate for transformative change in the policies and rules that govern people’s transition out of prison.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in the provision of services through the Restorative Justice Ministry including organizing and conducting RENEW and Esther’s Journey programs.
- Direct service provision to clients as they make the transition out of prison.
- Partner with other agencies who provide related services to create a network of support for clients.
- Go into prison to understand and prepare for clients’ specific needs upon release.
- Assist in the continued operations of the Next Level Services program to help clients transition out of homelessness.
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of Redemption Days including organizing volunteers and supply bags.
- Assist in preparing and reporting on grants to support the program.
- Advocate for changes to policies and procedures to support people’s ability to make the transition out of prison without entering homelessness.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in administrative duties including managing payments for services to other agencies and scheduling meetings with clients or partner agencies.
- Participate in meetings with the South Carolina Department of Corrections and other government agencies to find ways to improve services and work together.
- Maintain best practices manuals and guidebooks on how to implement these programs in other offices or organizations.
- This position requires independent discretion and judgment with respect to the delivery of services to individuals. Assess and analyze emergency situations and take prompt action. Maintain client confidentiality and privacy in compliance with applicable state and federal laws. Be sensitive to and communicate effectively with clients from diverse backgrounds.
- The position may require some travel and work on nights and weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training in social work, criminal justice, human services, sociology, or similar social services field.
- Ability to obtain SCDC approval to enter prisons.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, knowledge of and sensitivity to culturally diverse populations and different socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Ability to work collaboratively with people from diverse backgrounds and viewpoints.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite Applications.
- A Driver’s license is required to visit prisons and attend agency meetings.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com