Website Christ our King Church
The Parish Accountant manages all financial aspects of the Parish and has a dual responsibility to both the Pastor and the Finance Committee. This position currently has a flexible 20 – 28 hour work week with the majority of work done on-site at the parish office.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains accurate filing, record keeping, and reporting systems for all parish matters, including, but not limited to, accounts payable, payroll, accounts receivable, and investment funds.
- Prepares month-end close, including bank and investment account reconciliations, analytical review of accounts, and adjusting journal entries to ensure the accuracy of the financial statements.
- Monitors the collection, counting, recording, and depositing of parish revenues from all sources.
- Maintains accurate parishioner contribution records and prepares year-end contribution letters.
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience in public or nonprofit accounting Strong attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of accounting general ledger software
- Ability to effectively organize and structure activities on a daily basis, prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work to a deadline
- Must have strong communication, leadership, organizational and analytical skills
To apply for this job email your details to DFISHER@charlestondiocese.org