Background in pre-law, business, or criminal justice preferred.
- The ability to communicate fluently in Spanish, both spoken and in writing, is required.
- Experience with immigration issues preferred.
- Must be willing to obtain DOJ Accreditation.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, attention to detail, and ability to work. independently as a member of a team.
- Manage caseload and supervise related casework.
- Research and analyze law sources such as statutes, legal articles, and legal codes
- Oversee the work of volunteers, including law students and pro bono attorneys.
- Oversee efforts to strengthen program policies and procedures.
- The successful candidate will prepare and submit immigration applications to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS); respond to requests for evidence; maintain clients informed about their case status; ensure that clients receive and understand communications from USCIS regarding their pending applications, and prepare clients for interviews with USCIS.
- Strong writing skills are required. Applicant should have excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, be computer proficient, and work well in a team environment.
- Participate in community outreach and educational activities, including planning and conducting legal clinics
- Working in, leading, or forming coalitions with other organizations and collaborating with immigrant communities
- Assist other staff in the production of internal and external reports
Please email a resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to Human Resources at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org