The Kitchen Staff employee provides assistance in the preparation of food and is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of dishes, workstations, and food storage facilities for Carter May Home residents.
- Assist in the food preparation process by cutting, chopping, slicing, and washing vegetables, meats, and other ingredients
- Cleaning all dishes, work stations, cooking equipment, and food storage areas in accordance with food safety regulations.
- Washing, chopping, shredding, and grating ingredients for subsequent use by the chef.
- Sweeping and mopping floors, as required.
- Assisting with the unloading of deliveries.
- Storing ingredients according to prescribed food safety regulations.
- Assisting with the monitoring of inventory.
- Reporting all damaged or faulty equipment to the kitchen manager.
- Packaging leftover food upon request.
- Cleaning trash cans and disposing of refuse on a regular basis.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Food handler’s license is a plus, but not required.
- Prior experience in a similar position.
- Thorough knowledge of food safety procedures.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and multitasking abilities.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to work shifts, over weekends, and on public holidays, as needed.
Instructions to apply
Excellent benefits with generous paid time off. For consideration, please send a resume and cover letter with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com