Catholic Charities of Rock Hill
Catholic Charities of South Carolina Immigration Services provides low cost, high quality immigration legal services to those who cannot afford a private Attorney. The Office helps immigrants apply for petitions under the DACA Program and U.S. citizenship, among other family immigration programs. The Immigration Services department is affiliated with the Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc. (CLINIC), and the Attorneys are members of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).
The candidate provides legal advice and representation in accord with the best practice of the profession. Assists the Director of Immigration Legal Services with all internal and external reporting and with the supervision of assigned interns/volunteers.
- Interview individuals seeking legal assistance and advise the client as to possible options through proper interpretation of current laws.
- Provide ongoing legal representation to the client commencing with the initial intake interview, drafting of documents, correspondence and client applications/petitions.
- Conduct outreach activities in the community related to legal issues.
- Assist with the supervision of DOJ Specialists and assigned interns/volunteers.
- Ensure the timely submission of all external and internal program reports.
- Serve as liaison between the program and community partners.
- Filing of family petitions before USCIS.
- Preparation and proper filing of pleadings, case briefs, and motions before Immigration Court.
- Should have Law Degree (J.D.). Admission to the practice of law in any state and/or South Carolina (South Carolina Bar Preferred).
- Completion of Continuing Legal Education, in addition to any and all licensing requirements for the Jurisdiction where the attorney is licensed to practice.
- 1+ year experience in Immigration Law.
- The ability to speak, write, and read Spanish and English is required
- Knowledge of filing Family petitions to USCIS
Instructions to Apply:
Excellent benefits with generous paid time off. For consideration, please send a resume and cover letter with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com