Website Cristo Rey Research Triangle High School
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
Individual Social-Emotional Counseling:
- Provide individual counseling to students who have been referred for concerns of social-emotional well-being.
- Create individualized behavior plans, personal goal-setting plans, or support plans for students experiencing crisis or other disruptions to learning.
- Connect students (and family, when appropriate) to outside support services or agencies when appropriate.
- Observe students in academic classes or during unstructured socialization times to further identify and support student needs.
- Maintain appropriate records and case files to track student problems and progress and to recognize patterns in behavior in accordance with state law.
- Communicate with parents, teachers, and administration to provide adequate understanding of the full scope of student concerns.
- Organize and maintain weekly small groups with individuals for the purpose of improving coping and social skills and any identified needs within the population.
- Work with individual or small groups to improve executive function skills.
- Assist in the development and implementation of school wide executive functioning curriculum.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or Counseling (Master’s degree and licensure preferred)
- 2-3 years of experience required in school counseling
- A strong work ethic and commitment to the Cristo Rey mission and values: Faith and Justice, Respect and Care, Responsibility and Commitment
- Motivated by the potential accomplishments, innovations, and challenges associated with a growing institution
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to collaborate with parents, students and colleagues
- Experience in school counseling, preferably at the middle or high school level in a school serving economically disadvantaged students
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred
Parish or school background information (number of families, philosophy, etc.)
Cristo Rey Research Triangle High School is a 9-12 Catholic, Jesuit learning community that
educates young people of limited economic means to become men and women of faith, purpose, and service. Through a rigorous college preparatory curriculum, integrated with a professional work study experience, students graduate ready to succeed in college and in life. Cristo Rey Research Triangle High School is part of the largest network of high schools in the country that exclusively support underserved youth. Cristo Rey Research Triangle High School is scheduled to welcome freshmen to its campus in the summer of 2021. Classes for sophomores, juniors, and seniors will be added one year at a time towards a full capacity of 400 students by fall of 2024.
Position Start Date: (07/01/2021)
If you are interested in joining the founding team of educators charged with building this exciting
educational option for underserved youth, please submit the following documents to Principal Neil
Cronin at email@example.com :
- A resume, which includes all teaching experience, certifications, and degrees held
- A cover letter that explains your interest in joining Cristo Rey Research Triangle High School and describes how your previous experiences have prepared you for this challenging and rewarding role.
To apply for this job please visit cristoreyrt.org.