St. Francis Xavier Catholic School
Located in the Golden Isles along Georgia’s Atlantic coast, St. Francis Xavier Catholic School anchors the south
end of historic downtown Brunswick. A parish school serving approximately 240 students in grades PK3 to
eight with 40 members of the administration, faculty, and staff, St. Francis Xavier Catholic School was
established in 1900 by the Sisters of St. Joseph. A 2009 Blue Ribbon School of Excellence, St. Francis Xavier
Catholic School opened a new 30,000-square-foot school building in fall 2023 where faith and knowledge
continue to flourish.
Under the supervision of the Pastor, the Principal fulfills the mission of the Catholic school serving as the
spiritual, educational, visionary, relational, and managerial leader charged with implementing the philosophy,
mission, and management of the school. The principal is responsible for the professionalism of the faculty
and staff, educational achievements of students, and cultivating a mutually positive relationship with the
school and parish communities.
- Hold a Master’s degree and state certification in a field of education with preference in
Educational Administration/Supervision and/or Leadership; AND
- Have completed, at minimum, 3-5 years of successful teaching experience; AND
- Earn the *Catholic School Leadership Certificate from Creighton University if credentials do
not include evidence of Catholic school experience (see below); AND
- Complete catechetical certification; AND
- Maintain recency of credit (six college credits or its equivalent) every five years; AND
- Complete VIRTUS training; AND
- Provide fingerprints and pass level 2 criminal background checks.
- Leadership experience preferred.
- Be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church; AND
- Exhibit an understanding of Catholic Theology and philosophy of Catholic education; AND
- Exhibit a personal philosophy, values, and lifestyle, which are consistent with the Catholic
- Possess the ability to work collaboratively with parish administration, diocesan personnel,
faculty/staff, parents, and parish organizations; AND
- Articulate and implement a vision for the school in areas of spirituality, management,
curriculum, advancement, and technology; AND
- Create an atmosphere of welcome and open dialogue; AND
- Provide three (3) references including one from his/her pastor.
*The Catholic School Leadership (CSL) Certificate is a 12-credit graduate program designed for current and
aspiring Catholic school leaders working in Catholic schools who may already have a master’s degree and/or
do not have teaching or leadership experience in Catholic schools.
In accomplishing the Church’s fundamental mission to build the body of Christ through the catechesis of children, the Office of Catholic Schools commits
expertise, time, and energy to provide systemic standards for leadership, support, and service to those who live the mission to prepare hearts, educate minds,
reveal Christ and cultivate the Roman Catholic tradition. Diocese of Savannah Catholic Education…Powering Potential!
Send résumé and cover letter to: Carrie Jane Williamson
Superintendent of Schools
Catholic Diocese of Savannah
2170 E. Victory Drive
Savannah, GA 31404
Submission Deadline: March 15, 2024
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org