Divine Redeemer School
Divine Redeemer is seeking a qualified individual to teach middle school English and Social Studies. This is a full-time position for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Planning and teaching English and Social Studies lessons for grades 6-8 for in-person instruction, and if the need arises, for delivering instruction remotely, using curriculum standards established by the Diocese of Charleston.
- Supervising selected students in English classes delivered by VirtualSC, monitoring student progress, and communicating with the VirtualSC instructors and the Principal.
- Providing documentation of current certification. (Out-of-field or incomplete certification status will be considered on an individual basis.)
- Being proficient in the use of the school’s LMS (Google Classroom) or a willingness to complete training in GC to support remote learning when or if it becomes necessary.
- Knowing, teaching, and acting consistently in accordance with the mission of the parish/school and tenets of the Catholic Church.
- Working cooperatively with and being accountable to the Principal and the Monsignor/Superintendent.
- Working cooperatively with the instructional team to which he/she is assigned and with all school staff.
- Teaching and supervising the grades or courses assigned by the Principal of the school and performing the other duties or responsibilities involved in said assignment, such as the sponsorship of co-curricular activities.
- Devoting his/her knowledge, skills and efforts to the performance of his/her duties as teacher and such other duties assigned from time to time by the Principal.
- Attending and participating in school faculty meetings during or outside of regular school hours, and such other professional meetings as might be called by school authorities for improving and/or coordinating the work of the teacher and all parties in the school.
- Complying with the Catholic teacher educational requirements, completing Safe Haven training and other Youth Protection measures as directed.
- Providing leadership in maintaining a Catholic atmosphere in character development and religious training in order that a desirable climate conducive to learning exists.
- Observing policies and procedures of the local parish/school, as well as the policies and regulations of the Diocese of Charleston.
- Assisting the students, staff, and administration in the implementation of ongoing COVID-19 guidelines and procedures, as determined by the Diocese of Charleston.
All teachers are required to wear masks and maintain social distance. In-person instruction is ongoing. Some faculty meetings and training are conducted through virtual meetings and some in-person. COVID-19 Guidelines may change during the 2021-2022 school year.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org