Website Our Lady of the Rosary Catholic Church and School
Provide bookkeeping services for both the church and school, in accordance with Diocesan finance policies and procedures, and the direction of the pastor and principal.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains accounts payable and receivable ledgers, and prepares and submits a financial statement to the pastor and Finance Council on a monthly basis.
- Processes check requests, and verifies authorization from the pastor or parochial vicar for expenditures for all invoices, and secures one of their signatures on all approved checks.
- Reconciles bank statements on a monthly basis.
- Prepares staff payroll and maintains the ADP payroll system for each pay period for both church and school. Assures all appropriate taxes are withheld and that quarterly government reports are prepared and submitted in a timely manner.
- Accounts for all contributions to the church and school, including parish collections, on a weekly basis.
- Coordinates volunteers for money-counting and record-keeping.
- Administers the 403(b) retirement plan, medical, dental, life, long-term disability insurance, and other such programs for all employees as appropriate, for both church and school.
- Provides assistance to the pastoral leadership, and others as directed, in the preparation of the annual church and school budgets. Provides financial information including current budget allocations, year-to-date balances, and anticipated financial needs for the future.
- Serves as staff to the Parish Finance Council and records minutes of each meeting.
- Provides bookkeeping services and advice for those who direct the various fundraising efforts for the parish, including the annual Catholic Appeal of South Carolina, and special collections.
- Maintains a level of knowledge and skills required for the bookkeeping profession. This may be accomplished by participating in Diocesan sponsored training, attendance at workshops and classes, reading appropriate materials and/or membership in local professional organizations.
- Carries out other duties as requested by the pastor. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
For more information, or to submit an application, contact Fr. Dwight Longenecker at 864-422-1648 or by email at: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org