Saint Clare of Assisi
New parish of 800+ households, launched Easter Sunday 2014. Located on beautiful Daniel Island in Charleston, SC, voted year after year as America's favorite city. Dynamic parish family of all ages, most of whom have moved to Charleston from other states. No snow shovel needed. Within minutes of beaches.
Title: Director of Faith Formation
Reports to: Pastor
Position Description: The Director of Faith Formation (DFF) develops and directs a comprehensive faith formation program for the spiritual development of young children and adults in the parish. The DFF organizes the parish pastoral ministry for children in Pre-K through 5th grades, as well as the Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA) and Sacraments of Penance and First Communion preparation classes.
1. Develop and implement strategies for a cohesive faith formation program which serves children in Pre-K through 5th grade as well as all adults in the parish, including sacramental preparation.
2. Develops and oversees the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd program.
3. Recruit a faith formation team of parishioners to assist with implementation of appropriate Pre-K through 5th grade catechetical programs.
4. Recruit, train and evaluate catechists to conduct catechetical programs.
5. Monitor adult volunteers for compliance with Diocesan guidelines for Safe Environment and other policies.
6. Develop and maintain regular communication with and support from parents of Pre-K through 5th grade children to foster family participation in faith formation.
7. Prepare and maintain an annual faith formation budget for review by the Finance Council. Submit receipts in a timely manner.
1. Organize and maintain Pre-K through 5th grade class assignments and records, including tuition payments and follow-up.
2. Develop and maintain current statistical data on faith formation programs enrollment. Submit report to Pastor and Pastoral Council as requested.
3. Promote faith formation programs to parishioners and others through the weekly bulletin and appropriate media.
4. Participate in weekly parish staff meetings and Parish Leadership Team meetings. Conduct formation team meetings on a regular basis. Attend appropriate Diocesan meetings related to faith formation.
5. Continue development of personal and professional skills via courses, workshops and conferences in the fields of religious education and catechesis.
6. Complete an annual self-evaluation form based on job requirements and submit form to Pastor for evaluation.
7. Adhere to the Position Profile requirements detailed in the attachment to this Job Description.
Education and Experience Requirements:
1. Bachelor of Arts (minimum, Master preferred) in religious education, theology, pastoral studies or related field from an accredited college or university.
2. Prior faith formation leadership experience in a parish or diocese.
1. Be an intentional disciple of Jesus Christ, who is knowledgeable in Catholic doctrine and liturgy, the documents of Vatican Council II, the Catechism of the Catholic Church and other relevant Church documents. A practicing Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church.
2. Knowledge and full understanding of the RCIA process and text.
3. Work collaboratively with fellow parish staff members and all parishioners.
4. Possess strong communication, technology, interpersonal and organizational skills.
5. Demonstrate initiative and self-motivation, as well as attentiveness to details and accuracy.
6. Full compliance with Diocesan policies and Safe Environment requirements.
7. Flexibility in assuming additional responsibilities as requested by the Pastor.
To apply for this job please visit clare.church%20No%20phone%20calls,%20please..