Website Corpus Christi Catholic Church
We are very happy to announce the creation of the new Corpus Christi position: Director of Children, Youth and Young Adult Ministry. This new role will strengthen the efficiency of our present organizational structure, and ensure we are adequately staffed to meet the pastoral needs of Corpus Christi and support ongoing efforts and goals.
Full-time employment at 40 hours per week.
- Articulate a vision and direction for the Children, Youth and Young adults (hereinafter referred to as “CYYA”) Ministry. Develop goals, objectives and strategies for all CYYA programs of the Parish. Develop an annual CYYA Ministry calendar.
- Manage the spiritual, social, and outreach activities of the CYYA in the life of the Parish, fostering the faith growth of the CYYA of Corpus Christi.
- Create and monitor a budget, income and revenue allocation for the operations of the CYYA Ministry.
- Report statistics and analytics of CYYA programs to the Pastor and Pastoral Associate on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Organize, establish, direct, and support CYYA programs, structures, and groups which result in effective ministry.
- Conduct assessments on formation, fraternization, and participation needs for all CYYA. Develop a coordinated approach toward CYYA needs, including, but not limited to, faith development through catechesis on all respective levels, and design catechetical programs for CYYA which support lifelong learning into program planning, among others.
- Conduct performance evaluations on all CYYA programs in relation to their goals, objectives and strategies on a quarterly and annual basis. Collate evaluation information and give feedback to appropriate groups. Meet with coordinators of CYYA programs to elicit further information regarding evaluation and future planning. Adjust CYYA programs in relation to reports, assessments, feedback, and current Diocesan guidelines.
- Direct the implementation of on-going management of all CYYA programs. Identify and enable leadership within the community to take responsibility for program components. Recruit, train, supervise, educate and evaluate support staff and volunteers (i.e. catechetical) pertaining to CYYA programs.
- Coordinate and oversee the formation and ongoing development of CYYA ministers and groups. Responsible for the development of the new Parish group “CYYA Ministry for Catechists.” Establish the guidelines of this new program.
- Promote all CYYA programs across the Parish and community to increase participation. In collaboration with the Parish staff, communicate with participants, parents, the Parish at large, and the community to keep them informed of the efforts of the CYYA Ministry.
- Administer and evaluate Parish resources that provide solid Catholic teaching and ministry experiences for CYYA. Adjust program components, such as space, time, materials, and physical resources, as needed. Obtain resources such as AV, textbooks and liturgy materials which complement the Ministry efforts in the Parish.
- Responsible for fulfilling all Diocesan requirements regarding any and all CYYA programs.
- In coordination with the Director of Faith Formation, implement Safe Environment guidelines and training for CYYA catechists and students. Ensure all CYYA catechists and volunteers comply with Diocesan guidelines for those who minister to minors and vulnerable adults.
- Develop an outreach plan to connect with the young adults of the Parish and the greater community. Institute and oversee the new Young Adults Alliance.
- Connect young adults to existing and new CYYA programs and opportunities where they might encounter like-minded spiritual companions.
- Provide social and fellowship opportunities for young adults to create a welcoming environment with a sense of radical inclusion. Promote and connect young adults and families with small group opportunities to increase engagement.
- Identify and exercise outreach opportunities to encounter young adults off Parish campus.
- Develop the guidelines and procedures of a dynamic Young Adult Faith Formation ministry that will foster life-long faith seeking understanding and conversion, and promote full and active participation in the life of the Church and a true living faith.
- Offer weekday programs throughout the school year, targeting young parents of Religious Education students. Determine the curriculum to be offered. Organize the weekly sessions. Gather feedback from participants. Review feedback and implement positive changes.
- Coordinate and oversee liturgical functions for sacramental preparation components for young adults.
- Offer brief Sunday educational and sharing CYYA programs covering various topics between Masses to the young adults of the Parish while providing equal opportunities for toddlers and kids.
- Implement and oversee a new CYYA Small Group Ministry program for high school teens, allocating them into small groups immediately following Confirmation.
- Develop, direct and supervise the Middle School and High School Youth Groups.
- Create an intentional and ongoing formation program to support and provide Youth Ministry volunteers the education and tools needed to fully carry out the role of catechist and mentoring of young people.
- Identify the wants and needs of the family, and be proactive in recruiting parents to organize and take part in special events for CYYA programs.
- Develop and implement a formation program that encourages participation by parents of school and college age children, and focuses on life lessons and challenges faced by this group.
- Coordinate practicable faith formation programs involving both students and parents.
- Incorporate parent education and catechesis into all faith formation programs beginning in elementary years and continuing through high school.
- Increase opportunities during sacrament preparation for full family participation and follow up activities.
- Provide recurring catechesis, liturgy, and fellowship that bring families (parents and students) fully alive in the Gospel.
- Establish a CYYA-focused Mass with a vibrant liturgy that speaks to young people and challenges them to live as disciples of Christ.
- Expand and improve the Bible Study program to include more parishioners across the age groups of CYYA parishioners.
- Organize retreat experiences for CYYA students preparing for sacraments.
- Host Family Honor classes to bring families together to help with the communication in the parent-child relationship and teach chastity based sex education rooted in the Theology of the Body.
- Develop and supervise service projects for families to do together as a congregation – to promote life (Respect Life activities), the homeless and hungry (Assistance Ministry, Lexington Mission), nursing homes and shut in parishioners, veterans, and others.
- Establish a faith formation program that enables children in Pre-School through 2nd grade to have the Sunday readings interpreted at their level of understanding.
- Ensure the Children’s Liturgy of the Word program is up and running. Recruit Children’s Liturgy of the Word catechists that can teach leader-directed activities and group discussions for children. Recruit additional volunteers that can serve as shepherds to help keep order while the children leave the Mass for the Liturgy of the Word and come back in time for the Liturgy of the Eucharist.
- Develop and offer current/new CYYA programs on weekday evenings.
- Develop individualized programs for CYYA with special needs. Provide inclusion programs for individuals with special needs.
- Develop and supervise any homeschooling needs for the formation of CYYA students, as needed.
- Create and maintain a web-based directory (CCD, SPC, RCIT, RCIA, Youth Group) for all families and catechists to have that will allow communication between families.
- Consistently proactive and self-motivated.
- Strong organizational ability.
- Strong team collaboration behavior.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
If you are interested in applying for this new job position, please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org