Roman Catholic Diocese of Charleston
Director of Child and Youth Protection – Responsible for managing and directing the Diocesan Safe Environment Program and acts as the Victim Assistance Coordinator for the Diocese of Charleston. The Director would supervise the Safe Environment Manager and interact daily with running the Safe Environment Program. The Director would also receive claims and respond by taking appropriate action.
- Manages the budget for the Safe Environment Office.
- Serves as an Ex-Officio member of the Advisory Board.
- Reviews, proposes, and implements changes to Diocesan Policy.
- Responsible for ensuring every complaint of misconduct involving minors or vulnerable adults is reported to civil authorities.
- Directs data base management for all safe environment records.
- Establishes communication with the Diocesan Schools Office and Office Ministries to coordinate efforts on Safe Environment issues for Diocesan Schools and religious education programs.
- Acts as the Compliance Officer for the Diocese of Charleston.
- Manges the annual USCCB Charter audit process.
- Works closely with diocesan pastors to ensure their parishes, school and ministries understand their roles and responsibilities and supports them in their efforts.
- Remains current on child, youth, and vulnerable adult safety and protection by attending the annual USCCB conference.
- Develop programs that promote healing to victims of abuse.
- Assist the Bishop of Charleston in developing healing masses for the Diocese of Charleston.
- Develops programs that engage the diocese in Creating a Culture of Safety for all Minors and Vulnerable Adults in the diocese.
- Practicing Catholic in good standing.
- Master’s Degree in related field (psychology, counseling, social work)
- Familiarity with the structure of the Catholic Church
- Familiar with Civil and Canon Law
- Experience in office administration
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com