St. Thomas More Catholic Church and Newman Center
St. Thomas More Catholic Church and Newman Center at the University of South Carolina seeks to follow the mission of Jesus Christ to draw all into union with God. We do this through our community gathered in celebration of the sacraments, study, prayer, social events, and service. The Gospel informs our daily action and moves us to reach out to all those in need. We are missionary disciples, joyfully spreading the love of God in truth and charity to all we encounter on campus and abroad.
Summary of Position:
The Development Director reports directly to the Pastor and is responsible for leading and managing the fund development program, including an upcoming multi-year capital campaign to raise funds for the new church and facilities. The Director of Development shall work closely with the Pastor and parish councils, specifically as it involves fund development activities. This position will collaborate with the Pastor, other staff members, consultants and volunteers to design and execute fund development strategies, manage donor recognition programs and to help ensure the on-going success of ministerial programs and operations.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, required.
- Passion, enthusiasm, and an affinity for the mission of the Catholic campus ministry, and the ability to effectively communicate it to a wide range of donors.
- Three (3) years of experience with demonstrated success in fundraising and management of a fund development program, preferred.
- Basic knowledge of fundraising principles and practices.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Ability to manage travel and development budget.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and have access to a reliable vehicle for purposes of traveling to donor meetings.
Skills & Abilities
- Thoroughness in planning and implementing work, including goals, timetables, and formulating action steps to achieve objectives.
- Ability to be flexible, work independently on a variety of projects, within stated deadlines, in a fast-paced office environment.
- Ability to integrate fundraising strategies and drive an overall increase of funding.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to be attuned to the special needs of benefactors, displaying tact, diplomacy, discretion, and sound judgment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to work with staff, board members and volunteers.
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Publisher, and Word. Experience utilizing Raiser’s Edge, eTapestry, or similar CRM systems is beneficial.
- Collaborates with the Pastor in preparing an annual and five-year strategic plan for the Catholic Newman Center’s overall fund development, operational budgets, and capital campaign, updating it annually.
- Along with the Pastor, is responsible for all matters related to the execution of the capital campaign.
- Effectively and consistently communicates with the Pastor, the Diocese of Charleston leadership, benefactors, and committees involved in fund development.
- Manages a portfolio of donors and all aspects of the fundraising process, including prospect research, strategy development, cultivation, and stewardship. Ensures that all major steps of the process are tracked in the assigned CRM system.
- Conducts approximately ten (10) face-to-face visits monthly with potential benefactors in the form of Discovery, Cultivation, Solicitation or Stewardship meetings.
- Cultivate foundations and grants that support our mission and prepare any grant proposals
- Prepares activity reports regarding the benefactor cultivation process and prospect pool. Monitors and reports on progress towards goals by presenting statistical analyses and leads the efforts to analyze past and present individual donor data, identify trends, and develop plans to improve cultivation and stewardship.
- Assists with the execution of the Catholic Newman Center’s special events, which could include benefactor dinners and receptions, golf tournaments, tail gates, guest lecture and other development events, primarily through donor cultivation.
- Positively represents the Newman Center and the Diocese of Charleston to the highest standard of ethics and in a professional manner, at community and regional charity events as a part of the donor cultivation process.
- Participates in strategic sessions, staff meetings and other related activities.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Pastor, to include special projects to assist in the overall capital campaign and expansion efforts.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com