St. Thomas More Catholic Church and Newman Center
St. Thomas More, the Catholic Campus Ministry at the University of South Carolina, is seeking an entry-level staff position of Development & Communications Associate. This individual will join a dedicated staff and will be part of a team responsible for furthering the mission of St. Thomas More Catholic Church and Newman Center: helping students at USC encounter Christ during their college years.
- Assist with organization-wide events and project management including parents’ weekend events, tailgates, giving days, as well as stewarding guests and donors throughout the year.
- Create online forms for events and campaigns for publication.
- Research, organize, and manage information on constituents and donors using the Ministry’s CRM.
- Support communications with all Ministry constituents: students, alumni, parents, volunteers, and prospects. This will include a quarterly newsletter, mailings, social media, and events.
- Coordinate with campus minister(s) and development director (possibly interns) on social media strategy and posting for St. Thomas More.
- Help maintain consistency in branding, voice, and content across CCM communications.
- Lead mailing execution for appeals, including pulling lists, ordering materials, and printing letters.
- Mail tax acknowledgment letters in a timely manner.
- Assist with administrative tasks and other team duties as requested.
- Some evening and weekend work will be required but will be scheduled well in advance.
Skills / Abilities:
- Strong written, oral, and intercommunication skills
- Strong time management, organization, and planning skills
- Content creation and writing experience preferred
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at one time
- Flexibility and proactivity preferred
Education and Experience:
- Candidate must be a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing who supports and upholds the mission of the Gospel and the Catholic Church.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Communications experience preferred
- Event planning experience is a plus
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org