Website Roman Catholic Diocese of Charleston
Our mission is to advance and encourage the spirituality of Stewardship through personal invitation, opportunities, formation, and practical initiatives. We are committed to advancing the mission and ministries of the Catholic Church by forming Disciples of Christ throughout the state of South Carolina and cultivating a culture of gratitude.
The Donor Management Specialist contributes to the Diocese of Charleston by maintaining positive consistent interaction with donors as they answer questions regarding donations and Raiser’s Edge records. They will be responsible for protecting donor confidentiality and ensuring the integrity of confidential fundraising records. The Donor Management Specialist is responsible for all donation gift entries, donation processing, and donor acknowledgments—all to be done in a timely manner—and maintaining accurate and complete information in Raiser’s Edge database; they will be responsible for keeping donor’s information and gift records accurate and up to date.
- Manage donor database (Raiser’s Edge) RE to complete data entry and process all incoming gifts (processing checks, IRAs, cash, direct debit, credit card, etc.), check data for accuracy, and reconcile donor activity.
- Create new donor records in RE
- Pull information from a database to initiate gift acknowledgment & send “thank you” letters & pledge reminders monthly/yearly via mailhouse vendor
- Execute exemplary customer service.
- Handle all incoming calls and questions from donors concerning their donations.
- Commit RE batch reports and run tape on checks before giving them to finance to deposit
- Collaborate and work with accounting staff
- Prepare annual tax statements
- Help maintain and update parish rosters by communicating with parishes throughout the diocese.
- Assist in the preparation of materials and reports for Annual Appeal progress meetings with parishes and schools.
- Maintain and organize physical files and documentation of donor files
- Experience working in a professional office environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines
- Ability to adhere to department processes and procedures.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of donor database software, Raiser’s Edge, preferred.
- Excellent and consistent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor when working with donors.
- Must establish and maintain good rapport and working relationships with co-workers and Pastoral Center colleagues.
Please email a resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org