Website Corpus Christi
Job Title: Maintenance Custodian Assistant
Job Type: Part-time – approximately 20 hours per week.
Job Summary: We are a parish in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Charleston seeking to employ for a competitive hourly rate a maintenance custodian assistant with relevant experience in maintaining the cleanliness of commercial/industrial facilities and surrounding grounds.
Job Description: To work in coordination and under the direction of the Director of Operations of Corpus Christi Catholic Church – caring for the buildings and grounds of the Parish and the Priory, working the scheduled hours provided, completing the assigned activities communicated by the Director of Operations.
1. To maintain and clean all areas of the Parish (for example, the floors, windows, restrooms, trash receptible, washrooms, lavatories, and drinking fountains, among others, in the office area, church building, private rooms, classrooms, hallways, cafeteria, entrances, and others) on a daily basis while following Parish procedures, guidelines, and methods, and utilizing approved supplies, tools, chemicals, and equipment.
2. To perform light maintenance as directed by the Director of Operations.
3. To check the inside and outside area of buildings for damage, litter and/or conditions of general deterioration.
4. To perform scheduled monthly, semiannual and annual janitorial duties (i.e. floor waxing, painting, window washing, and carpet cleaning, among others) as directed by the Director of Operations in accordance with the Parish maintenance schedule.
5. To provide set-up and cleaning of facilities for evening or weekend activities as directed by Director of Operations.
6. To maintain the Parish lawn and garden.
7. Other duties assigned by the Director of Operations and/or Pastor of the Parish.
Job Requirements and Skills:
1. High School diploma or G.E.D.
2. 2-4 years of experience in maintenance.
3. Relevant experience in building and maintenance industry required.
4. Demonstrated ability to successfully and efficiently work independently or with others in a team atmosphere required.
5. Experience and familiarity with Catholic institutions, including parishes, schools, and the Diocese of Charleston is recommended.
6. Detailed knowledge of janitorial procedures.
7. Ability to use and understand cleaning chemicals and maintenance equipment.
8. Working knowledge of electrical, plumbing, painting, AC equipment, including lawn sprinkler systems and maintenance equipment.
9. Ability to work unsupervised and work scheduled hours assigned by the Director of Operations.
10. Ability to multitask and have good relationships with other employees and contractors.
11. Must be comfortable on ladders and scaffolding.
12. Must be able to work extra hours for parish special events.
13. Must hold a valid South Carolina driver’s license.
14. Must be able to pass background screening procedures as mandated by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Charleston.
15. Must be able to work Christmas and Easter Holidays.
16. Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, email and Internet.
17. Ability to multi-task and make responsible judgment calls.
18. Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
19. Excellent written, verbal and public speaking skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
20. Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving capacity.
21. Ability to stay focused and organized.
22. Strong interpersonal skills.
23. Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment.
24. Strong ethical values.
25. Consistently proactive and self-motivated.
Job Physical Requirements:
1. Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pound.
2. Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds.
3. Occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds.
4. Use of ladders and lifts at varied heights.
5. Frequent bending, climbing, stretching and kneeling.
6. Frequent use of both hands and fingers.
7. Working both inside and outside.
8. Occasional moments of minimal and routine hearing.
9. Driving of motorized vehicles.
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com