Holy Cross Cemetery
Oversee daily office operations at Holy Cross Cemetery, in consultation with Cemetery Director. Coordinate maintenance worker’s daily activities, assist with sales, and provide support for funerals at Diocesan operated cemeteries. Facilitate marker and monument orders, sales, designs, and installations in accordance with Cemetery Guidelines. Manage cemetery database and process accounts payable and accounts receivable requests.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists with daily cemetery operations including meeting with customers, answering phones, responding to emails, and managing calendars on a daily basis (50-75/wk)
- Assist with sales of lots, markers, mausoleums, niches, etc. (125-150/yr). Travel to all cemeteries as needed.
- Provide support for funerals. Meet families to plan funerals, occasionally on off days or holidays, and arrange schedules with funeral homes. Organize parking plans for funerals and station workers to assist in parking. Ensure everything is ready for funerals, resolve problems, assist funeral directors with any special needs and answer questions from family members.
- Meet with families to design monuments and markers. Place orders with vendors and manage stock inventory. Ensure monuments and markers are installed correctly and in a timely manner. Notify families by email when memorials are installed.
- Prepare check requests, order and keep an inventory of supplies, maintain electronic database and lot books.
- Coordinate tasks assigned to maintenance workers at Holy Cross Cemetery, in absence of the Director.
Education Requirements/Position Qualifications: The candidate must have computer skills to include word processing and spreadsheets, and familiarity with cemetery equipment, e.g. riding lawn mower, shovels, rakes, etc. The individual must have good interpersonal skills and be naturally empathetic while presenting a professional image. Use independent judgment and discretion when dealing with customers.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements: The candidate should have extensive knowledge of how to use a computer, telephone, copier/scanner and tools of the cemetery (e.g. riding mower, shovels, rakes). A driver’s license is required for this position to travel to and from the various cemetery locations and occasionally run errands as needed. The candidate must be able to do light physical labor i.e. shovel dirt, rake leaves, etc. This position involves standing, walking, sitting, talking, hearing, using hands and feet, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, climbing/balancing and reaching above shoulders at least 1/3 of the time. The individual should also be able to lift up to 25 lbs. The person would have exposure to the outdoors 25% of the time which would include cold, heat and rain, etc.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com