Implements the social mission of the Diocese of Charleston by assisting in the delivery of social services to meet the needs of impoverished people and all others who need assistance. Responsibilities include overseeing and assisting in the provision of direct client services, which include the day-to-day operations of the wellness food pantry, clothing closet, emergency assistance, case management and advocacy, and special event planning. Conducts in-person and over-the-phone intakes and assessments to determine needs and provide appropriate services and/or resources. Provides case management and advocacy as needed. Works with community partners, other social service agencies, and local churches to make proper referrals and coordinate assistance efforts. Assists with benefit applications. Helps recruit, train, and manage a group of 15+ volunteers. Assists in planning and coordinating special events. Performs data entry and compiles statistics and invoices for reporting and internal client database.
This role requires:
- Bachelor’s degree in human services-related field, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience required.
- Experience in a social service field or similar setting preferred.
- Experience with volunteer management preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and Microsoft Teams.
- Experience learning internal data management systems.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills, and sensitivity to culturally diverse populations and different socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Maintaining client confidentiality and privacy.
- Occasional attendance to local meetings and trainings to discuss resources, new developments, and needs of the local community.
- Availability to work 1-3 Saturdays out of the year for any scheduled special events.
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds to move food boxes and other donations.
The Client Advocate is expected to be accepting of the full teachings of the Catholic Church and represent the face of Christ to the people we serve.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org