Roman Catholic Diocese of Charleston
The Administrative Assistant will assist the Safe Environment Manager to promote the understanding of Safe Environment in its broadest scope. Implements Diocesan goals of Safe Environment as set forth by the Bishop, using appropriate church documents as fundamental resources. Operates within a team context and engages in significant ministry collaboration to deliver resources and services to Parishes, Schools, and Diocesan departments. The Administrative Assistant will collaborate closely and effectively with clergy and the laity to ensure that the Diocese complies with the requirements of the USCCB Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People. Supports the Diocesan Safe Environment Program which plans, implements, and monitors the training and background checks of all clergy, employees, and volunteers who minister and work in the Diocese.
- Assists with the oversight, operation, and maintenance of the Safe Environment Program and policies
- Develop relationships with parishes, schools, and other agencies to ensure compliance with all aspects of the program
- Effectively manage database and record keeping procedures for all training aspects of the Diocesan Safe Environment Programs
- Work closely with parish and school safe environment coordinators to promote and implement diocesan standards of conduct.
- Assist with program requirements and audit deadlines per the USCCB
- High-functioning candidate with attention to detail
- High level of accuracy
- Ability to prioritize a heavy work load with multiple deadlines
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience with MS Work, Access and Excel
- Knowledge of Catholic tenants is preferred, but not required
Instructions to Apply:
Excellent benefits with generous paid time off. For consideration, please send a resume and cover letter with salary expectations to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org