Website Shaw Air Force Base
Shaw Air Force Base is currently recruiting for a Catholic Religious Education Coordinator. Below is the job description for more details. The schedule and rate are as follows:
– A minimum of 2 hours during all Religious Education classes, between the hours of 9:00 am EST and 7:00 pm EST, on each RE Sunday for the duration of the period of performance
– No more than 20 hours of work each week including weekday office hours (during normal Shaw AFB duty hours)
The rate will be $1,000 per month
JOB DESCRIPTION – CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS EDUCATION COORDINATOR FOR SHAW AIR FORCE BASE (SUMTER, SC) – (1099 CONTRACT)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – THE CATHOLIC REC MUST:
1. The Catholic REC shall develop and track a 10-month calendar of RE events, from September to June, and a teacher training session, between July to August, to be compiled from parish input and presented for approval at the June or July Parish Council meeting. The Catholic REC shall make an annual calendar of events/classes available to the parents of all RE students no later than (NLT) August each year.
2. The Catholic REC shall assist the Catholic Community in the organization of Sacramental Programs. This includes organizing one Confirmation Retreat and one First Communion retreat. This also includes communicating with the bishop’s office and coordinating for the bishop’s visit and the celebration and reception of the sacrament of Confirmation.
3. At the end of the academic school year, the Catholic REC shall coordinate and provide a 4–5 day Catholic Camp between the months of Jun-Aug.
4. The Catholic REC shall perform administrative tasks, such as preparing publicity material, submitting requests for curriculum and supplies for succeeding quarters to the Chapel staff, updating REC continuity file, accessing event effectiveness, developing an RE annual calendar of events, and coordinating RE program budget requirements with the Chapel staff. The Catholic REC shall track monthly attendance and provide the resulting data to the Chapel staff as needed. The Catholic REC shall submit all facility use requests, to include off site and alternate locations, to the Catholic Chaplain for coordination and approval.
5. The Catholic REC shall thoroughly familiarize and comply with Air Force Policy Directive 52-1, all 52 Series Air Force Instructions, and local Operating Instructions (OI) instituted by 20 Fighter Wing, Chaplain Corps (20 FW /HC).
6. The Catholic REC shall inventory, stock, and maintain all RE program materials quarterly.
7. The Catholic REC shall ensure all volunteers/teachers working under the RE program have a complete and favorable criminal background check on file with the Chapel staff prior to the start of any work and before having direct interaction with children under the age of 18 in association with this contract.
8. The Catholic REC shall be present for a minimum of 2 hours during all Religious Education classes, between the hours of 9:00am EST and 7:00pm EST, on each RE Sunday for the duration of the period of performance.
9. The Catholic REC shall ensure all RE programs/events begin and end on time as scheduled.
10. Copyright: The Catholic REC will not reproduce any material in violation of current copyright laws. 20 FW/HC does maintain a Christian copyright license (CCLI). Understanding the limits of that license and adherence to the law is the Catholic REC’s responsibility.
11. Personal Belongings: The government shall not be held responsible for damage to the Catholic REC’s supplies, materials, equipment or personal belongings brought into the building or onto the grounds due to fire, theft, accident, mishap or disaster.
12. Catholic REC Furnished Property: Catholic REC shall provide his/her own transportation to fulfill this contract.
13. Safety: The Catholic REC shall be aware of local safety requirements and ensure that all reasonable efforts are made to protect all persons from harm and the U.S. Government property from damage.
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE:
The primary place of performance is 433 Shaw, building 912, located on Shaw AFB, SC. Catholic REC will provide education opportunities primarily at the Spratt Education Center Building 501 or other building as determined by the Wing Chaplain. The Catholic REC may be required to travel occasionally away from the normal place of performance as required by the Wing Chaplain and/or as approved through a facility request.
No more than 20 hours of work each week to include weekday office hours (during normal Shaw AFB duty hours). The schedule will be determined and approved in collaboration with the Catholic chaplain.
QUALIFICATION STATEMENT – THE CATHOLIC REC MUST:
1. The Catholic REC shall possess a Bachelor’s degree in Education and/or a minimum of two years’ experience as a Director of Religious Education (DRE)/Religious Education Coordinator (REC) in Catholic Chapels or Churches with a program consisting of preschool children through adults.
2. The Catholic REC shall be an active, practicing Roman Catholic in good standing with the Church. Catholic REC shall submit a Catholic Priest/Pastoral reference to the Chaplain Corps upon award of the contract for the purpose of validating good standing.
3. The Catholic REC shall be able to oversee a comprehensive Catholic religious education and formation program for the local installation and associated community.
4. The Catholic REC shall have knowledge of military protocol or be willing to learn.
5. The Catholic REC shall possess computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
6. The Catholic REC shall be committed to and actively practicing the Catholic faith and teachings. The Catholic REC shall not have a history of domestic violence, assault or crimes against children. A complete and successful criminal history background check shall be completed upon award of this requirement.
7. The Catholic REC shall be proficient in the written and verbal English language.
8. An ability to work unsupervised in a fluid and sometimes-stressful environment with staff parents and children. Possess an ability to maintain healthy, functional interpersonal relationships with co-workers and customers. Maintain professional standards of conduct.
9. Be prepared after submitting a proposal for this contract to interview for the Catholic chaplain or GS equivalent and designates.
10. The Catholic REC shall be able to collaborate with Chapel staff in an ecumenical/interfaith setting.
11. The Catholic REC shall have a residential and/or cellular phone and be willing to supply the phone number to the Chaplain Corps staff for business purposes.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org