Website Diocese of Charleston
The Campus Minister interacts with Pastors, university students, faculty, and staff to grow in their knowledge of the faith, develop a passion for the spread of the Gospel, participate in social service projects, engage with one another in a hospitable campus ministry setting, and be a Catholic presence on the campus. These functions grow out of the USCCB guiding document for campus ministry, Empowered by the Spirit.
- Bachelor’s degree in Ministry, Pastoral Care, Theology, Catechesis (Master’s degree preferred, but not required), or equivalent experience
- Practicing Catholic in good standing with pastoral experience
- Ability to develop, in conjunction with the pastor, a vision and plan for the ministry
- Ability to train and empower students for ministry for campus ministry programming.
- Ability to lead campus events, gatherings, and be available outside of normal working hours
- Work with the pastor in developing, overseeing, all liturgical ministries functions
- Work with Focus missionaries and student leaders involved in the ministry
- Management and budgeting experience preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Proficient with social media, email, and Microsoft Office
- Be a visible presence on campus and build relationships with students, faculty, alumni, and the community
- Serve as a parish staff member; by attending pastoral staff meetings, and other parish meetings as required
- Participate in all diocesan campus ministry meetings, gatherings, and retreats
Instructions to Apply:
Excellent benefits with generous paid time off. For consideration, please send a resume, and pay requirements to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org