Diocese of Charleston
Interacts with Pastor, university students, faculty, and staff to: grow in their knowledge of the faith, develop a passion for the spread of the Gospel, participate in social service projects, engage with one another in hospitable campus ministry settings, and be a Catholic presence on the campus. These functions grow out of the USCCB guiding document for campus ministry, Empowered by the Spirit.
• Bachelor’s degree in Ministry, Pastoral Care, Theology, or Catechesis (Master’s degree preferred, but not necessary)
• Practicing Catholic in good standing with pastoral experience
• Ability to develop, in conjunction with the pastor, a vision and plan for the ministry
• Ability to train and empower students for ministry for campus ministry programming.
• Ability to lead campus events, gatherings, and be available outside of normal working hours
• Work with the pastor in developing, overseeing, all liturgical ministries functions
• Work with pastor in overseeing Focus missionaries and student leaders involved in the ministry
• Management and budgeting experience preferred
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Proficient with social media, email, and Microsoft Office
• Be a visible presence on campus and build relationships with students, faculty, alumni, and the community
• Serve as a parish staff member; by attending pastoral staff meetings, and other parish meetings as required
• Participate in all diocesan campus ministry meetings, gatherings, and retreats
Instructions to Apply:
Excellent benefits with generous paid time off. For consideration, please send cover letter, resume, and pay requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com