St. Thomas More Catholic Church and Newman Center
St. Thomas More Catholic Church and Newman Center is the primary outreach arm of the Catholic Church to the students of the University of South Carolina. STM seeks a part-time bookkeeper whose primary responsibilities are centered around parish financial activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing basic office financial tasks including filing, printing, reporting and emailing
- Recording and processing all collections using sound financial and accounting practices. Within our accounting software responsibilities include, profit and loss reports, budgets, general ledger accounting and reconciliations, and journal entries
- Maintaining bookkeeping and office accounting files
- Collecting payments and updating accounts payable and receivable records
- Process payroll (we currently use ADP)
- Compiling all monetary collections outside of our donation software platform for entry
- Various administrative duties related to church finances
- Compile financial reports for the Pastor, Diocese of Charleston and the church Finance Council.
Skills, Knowledge, & Abilities:
- Bookkeeping experience, proficiency with Microsoft Excel, database and payroll systems
- Ability to honor and maintain confidentiality
If interested, please contact Fr. Rhett Williams at email@example.com with your resume and pay expectations.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org