Website Roman Catholic Diocese of Charleston
The Youth Ministry diocesan office serves the entire state of South Carolina. The overall goal of this position is to build our Catholic communities in faith formation, fellowship, and service.
The Associate Director of Young Adult Ministry is responsible for providing young adults with resources and opportunities to have meaningful experiences of the liturgy, develop a deep prayer life, learn about their faith, and share their faith in a peer community. The Associate Director of Young Adult Ministry will establish young adult groups, plan diocesan events, evangelize, post on social media, and work with other diocesan departments. It is sustained through one-on-one mentoring/discipleship with young adult leaders in which they are taught how to carry out relational ministry to further the mission of the Catholic Church.
- Identify, equip, and train young adult leaders
- Meet with diocesan staff members and parishioners
- Utilize social media and post on various platforms to promote events
- Attend young adult ministry events around the state of South Carolina
- Assist young adult leaders with planning, coordinating, and overseeing location events
- Present at deanery meetings, campus ministry events, youth ministry events, etc.
- Meet with new people that do not currently belong to a Catholic community
- Previous success with public speaking, meeting new people, and building relationships with people of various cultural and faith backgrounds
- Previous leadership experience is preferred
- Previous experience with social media, mass email campaigns, and general computer skills
- Bachelor’s degree in theology, Pastoral Ministry, or a related field is required
- 2+ years of previous experience is preferred, but not required.
Instructions to Apply:
Excellent benefits with generous paid time off. For consideration, please send a resume and cover letter with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com