What is it?
The Cursillo Retreat is the cornerstone of the Cursillo Movement and is where you will begin your journey of having a closer relationship with Christ through our gift of the Holy Spirit. You can only attend ONE Cursillo Weekend as a candidate, but can return as a member of the weekend team as often as you would like
What goes on during the weekend?
- Way too much to list! The weekend is held at a central location (usually in Columbia at Our Lady of The Hills Church) and is offered to Catholics throughout the state.
- The weekend is a time to detach from your everyday life and experience the real presence of God the Father, Son, and in particular, The Holy Spirit.
- There is one weekend for men and one for women.
- Those who come with an open heart will experience the presence of the Holy Spirit like they have never experienced before.
- The weekend is the starting point of your quest for a closer and more meaningful relationship with Christ. The start of a more peaceful and joyous life through our wonderful Catholic faith!
What is the weekend schedule?
- Thursday afternoon — You will be driven by your sponsor or another member of the Weekend Team to Our Lady of the Hills in Columbia. The first evening is centered on a silent retreat.
- Friday — After breakfast you will listen to several talks presented by Priests, Deacons, and members of the laity. Small group discussions and sharing follows each talk. You will be given the opportunity to receive the sacrament of Reconciliation, as well as quiet times of prayer. Lunch and dinner provided along with regular breaks.
- Saturday — Similar to Friday, we dive more deeply into our faith through various talks and times of prayer. The Rosary is typically prayed as a group on Saturday.
- Sunday — We close out our weekend with Mass and some summary thoughts and prayer. We usually end by mid day, afterwards you will be driven home by your sponsor.
What do I bring?
- Think of a camping trip: sleeping bag, pillow, toiletries, comfortable clothes (casual, you may want to bring something a little nicer for Sunday Mass). Rosary and Bible are encouraged.
What is provided?
- Transportation, blow up mattress, food, and snacks are all provided at no cost.
When is it?
Click HERE for updated Calendar of Men and Women’s weekends.