Catholic Schools $725,000 | 18%
Guidance, support and training is provided so that the 28 Catholic elementary and 4 diocesan high schools can cultivate students with strong character, creating good citizens in environments centered in faith. Strong moral teaching and excellent academics allow us to serve as a beacon of hope in communities.
Catholic School Grants $325,000: We offer grants to help our Catholic schools provide tuition assistance, deal with financial emergencies, obtain educational supplies and equipment, and support professional development. $150,000 is set aside for grade schools and $175,000 for Diocesan high schools.
St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Endowment $200,000: Income from this $3,100,000 fund directly supports Catholic elementary schools and families with tuition assistance. Last year 489 students at 23 schools received grants.
Catholic School Services $200,000: These funds allow the Diocese to support the implementation of the 2014 strategic growth plan, with the goal of revitalizing and strengthening all of our schools.
Youth & Young Adult Ministry $250,000 | 6%
The Office of Youth Ministry equips parishes by providing education and training. Diocesan youth are invited to experience a personal encounter with Christ through retreats, week-long camps, and national conferences.
The Office of Young Adult Ministry offers faith development, fellowship and outreach opportunities to singles, young married couples and young families wishing to live the faith authentically. The office works to cultivate active, thriving parish-based and regional young adult communities.
College Campus Ministry $400,000 | 10%
The diocese has an official Campus Ministry presence at over 21 colleges and universities in South Carolina. Programs help students in their personal, theological, and spiritual growth. The aim is to build personal bridges of faith and provide opportunities for students to experience the Living Lord during this transitional time. Funds support:
- Professional Campus Ministry personnel
- New Liturgical Vessels and Books for Mass
- Stipends to Campus Ministers
- Campus Ministry Conferences and Associations
- Training for Campus Ministers and Student Leaders
- Start-up and Special Project Costs
- Print Materials and Technology
- Student Retreat Opportunities
- Spaces to serve as Campus Ministry Student Centers
Ministry & Outreach $850,000 | 21%
Critically important programs and ministries allow us to assist and offer hope to those in both physical and spiritual need. Meaningful work in service to others is being accomplished through:
- Catechetical and Evangelization Programs
- Emergency Assistance to Parishes
- Ethnic Ministries and Programs
- Pastoral Formation
- Parish Life Coordinators
- The Office of Child Protection Services
- The Office of Family Life
- The Office of Hispanic Ministry
- Women Religious Working in Economically Challenged Areas
Options for Giving
Each family, in the spirit of Christian stewardship, is asked to prayerfully consider a contribution in one of the following ways:
- A ONE-TIME GIFT
- A PLEDGE that is payable over ten months
- An AUTOMATICALLY RECURRING GIFT that continues until you elect otherwise (must be fulfilled electronically).